Account Manager - Energy & Industry
What's the role?
We currently have an exciting and rare opportunity to join our Energy & Industry team based in Mackey, QLD.
Your new role as an Account Manager will see you take ownership of Energy & Industry customers and projects in North QLD, majority in the mining sector. You'll provide the best solutions to customers, contractors and designers, driving the sales of specific products in this specific trade.
If you have a high level of self-motivation and discipline, and thrive supporting and providing solutions to customers, this is the role for you!
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Working in sales at Hilti is like running your own business, so you’ll reap the rewards of your commitment, initiative and enterprising spirit.
Visit job sites to assess design challenges and opportunities
Educating key influencers on construction projects about the proper use, advantages and value of Hilti products, with a view to securing their specification in the designs.
Give technical advice, solutions and support, adding value through the use of Hilti products.
Perform customer calls as specified in the sales execution policy through pragmatic utilisation of time and territory management systems
Identifying new business opportunities
Negotiate trading agreements to secure required NSP increases and maximise profitability for the customer accounts portfolio
Application selling, on site demonstrations and problem solving
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and in return we’ll offer you:
Opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
A competitive salary base + super + uncapped bonus in net sales
An extra week of leave and leave loading of 17.5%
Fully maintained motor vehicle and fuel card
Why should you apply?
We employ 39 different nationalities within Hilti Australia and many more across the globe. We value the unique contributions of each and every member of our diverse Hilti family. Keeping in mind our core values and customer orientation we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
What you need is:
- A valid Australian Driver License and availability to travel (long distance drives of 4-5hr / few days away from home per week can be expected)
- Engineering / technical background in construction or Energy & Industry is an advantage but not mandatory.
- A methodical and driven approach to sales; with a sound ability to identify decision makers
- Strong sales focus with highly developed business acumen
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and effective problem solving ability
- Proven negotiation and influencing abilities with advanced planning skills
- Ambitious about your own development
- Self-starter capable of working independently, managing your own call cycle
- Willingness to learn, passionate and driven
- A real team player with an eye for detail
- Process driven and highly professional business approach
Interested? Apply asap as we'll move ahead with successful applications as they come through.
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”