What's the role?
We are looking for a customer-focused Business Developer (Power) to develop their career in a rewarding, high-performing, international company.
The Business Developer role is a technical sales role where you will be focusing on a Power portfolio such as Power Generation plants (Coal, Gas, Hydro) and Electricity Transmission & Distribution facilities (substations, overhead/underground lines). You will create strategies and lead their execution to increase sales from the accounts based on commercial relationship and technical specifications through the cooperation with global as well as the regional Business Developer community and the support from technical back office.
This is a brand new and exciting opportunity for someone with Engineering background working within the Power industry and ready to take the next step.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
The Power team promotes Hilti solutions among local and international Owners, EPCs and Contractors creating sustainable value creation for both our customers and Hilti.
What does the role involve?
Day to day, you will be responsible for identifying the key contacts for targeted projects of our focus accounts as well as develop standards and specifications with Hilti solutions.
The key responsibilities include:
- Contributes and accountable for sales development (direct or indirect), long term relationship build-up, and execution of account strategy working on tailored commercial and technical solutions, engineering specifications and standards
- Works with operational teams and management in target accounts including designers, engineers, project team members, purchase department, lead engineers, discipline managers, turnaround teams across multiple disciplines (Civil, Structural, Electrical, Instrumentation, Piping & Procurement)
- Examines economic and market trends and conditions that affect the company, and develop strategies to take full advantage of any changing circumstances
- Maintains effective communication systems throughout the team and company
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and in return we’ll offer you:
Opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
A competitive salary base + super + attractive bonus structure
An extra week of leave and leave loading of 17.5%
Fully maintained motor vehicle Or car allowance
Why should you apply?
We employ 39 different nationalities within Hilti Australia and many more across the globe. We value the unique contributions of each and every member of our diverse Hilti family. Keeping in mind our core values and customer orientation we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Sound experience within the Power industry
- Demonstrable experience in business development and sales
- Business sales negotiation skills with a consultative sales mindset
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Enthusiasm to learn and drive to succeed
- Acts independently and thinks strategically
- Due to the nature of the role, a valid Australian Drivers License is essential
Interested? Apply asap as we'll move ahead with successful applications as they come through.
“I love the fact that my job isn’t just technical. It involves planning and dealing with people too. The culture is brilliant. It’s challenging, yes, but it’s friendly and welcoming too. It’s all about teamwork, and your ideas are really taken on board.”