What's the role?
We are currently on the lookout for a customer-focused Engineer Business Developer to develop their career in a rewarding, high-performing, international company.
The Business Developer role is a technical sales role where you will be focusing on a Power portfolio such as Power Generation plants (Coal, Gas, Hydro) and Electricity Transmission & Distribution facilities (substations, overhead/underground lines).
Based in Sydney, you will create strategies and lead their execution to increase sales from the accounts based on commercial relationship and technical specifications through the cooperation with global team as well as the APAC Business Developer community, and the support from technical back office.
Who is Hilti?
We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Day to day, you will be responsible for identifying the key contacts for targeted projects of our focus accounts as well as develop standards and specifications with Hilti solutions.
The key responsibilities include:
- Contributes and accountable for sales development (direct or indirect), long term relationship build-up, and execution of account strategy working on tailored commercial and technical solutions, engineering specifications and standards
- Works with operational teams and management in target accounts including designers, engineers, project team members, purchase department, lead engineers, discipline managers, turnaround teams across multiple disciplines (Civil, Structural, Electrical, Instrumentation, Piping & Procurement)
- Examines economic and market trends and conditions that affect the company, and develop strategies to take full advantage of any changing circumstances
- Maintains effective communication systems throughout the team and company
- Indirect Sales Leadership of Sales Managers and Account Managers
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and in return we’ll offer you:
Opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
A competitive salary base + super + uncapped bonus in net sales
An extra week of leave and leave loading of 17.5%
Fully maintained motor vehicle and fuel card
Why should you apply?
We employ 39 different nationalities within Hilti Australia and many more across the globe. We value the unique contributions of each and every member of our diverse Hilti family. Keeping in mind our core values and customer orientation we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Demonstrable experience in business development and sales
- Business sales negotiation skills with a consultative sales mindset
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Enthusiasm to learn and drive to succeed
- Acts independently and thinks strategically
- Due to the nature of the role, a valid Australia Drivers License is essential
Interested? Apply asap as we'll move ahead with successful applications as they come through.
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”