Global Leadership Trainee (Technical Track)
What's the role?
We’re looking for the next generation of high-performing, multi-lingual, post-graduate engineering talent to take our company forward. Hilti Outperformer is a global management development program like no other, with real responsibility from day one.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Hilti Outperformer is a two-year program, where you’ll quickly be involved in a range of international projects, with lots of exposure to senior management. It’s fast paced and challenging, but we’ll closely coach and mentor you. The program is split into four main stages of work:
• 15-18 months in the innovation and development center at global headquarters in Liechtenstein, Germany or Austria.
• 3-6 months on a strategic project at our head office in Schaan (Liechtenstein) It could be logistics, HR, finance, marketing or engineering.
• 3 months on an international project outside the region.
What do we offer?
Show us what you can do and, in return, we promise you the experience of a lifetime, the opportunity to work internationally, and a fast-track career in global senior management. You’ll also take part in some fascinating courses and events:
Leadership development program – a comprehensive learning journey with IMD business school in Lausanne, Switzerland, with a qualification from IMD.
Business management training – individual training at Hilti. A focus on behavioral profiles, personal strengths, leadership styles and communication skills.
Global summit – 4-5 days at our global headquarters in Liechtenstein. A look at the way global business units function, plus soft skills like situational leadership and international teamwork.
Social project – 7-8 days ‘building a better future’. A hands-on and hugely impactful community project, like our recent house building for displaced refugees in Bosnia.
Why should you apply?
Ours is a high-performing culture for very driven people. If you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s not a problem. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• You hold a master’s degree in engineering preferably in civil, mechanical, industrial or chemical engineering
• You are a multilingual talent, fluent in English and at least one other language
• You have gained international experience through your work or studies and have spent between 2 months and 2 years in a professional environment
• You enjoy learning and are mature, assertive, curious and dedicated
• You’re a flexible team player, with good communication and social skills, and you can inspire others
• You’re internationally mobile. A global thinker who is keen for diverse cultural experiences and the opportunity to work abroad
Tempted to apply or find out more? Go to https://outperformer.hilti.group/
“At Hilti, I feel I can genuinely help my customers do their work more effectively. At the end of the day, I feel my job makes a difference.”