Technical Excellence Centre (TEC) Engineer; part-time or full-time opportunity
What's the role?
Construction in Sydney is booming - have you noticed?
We are experiencing exciting growth in the business to ensure we can give the best possible service to our customers and the industry. There is no better time to join us!
Due to another internal promotion we are looking for a customer-focused Technical Excellence Centre Engineer to join our engineering team in Sydney. This role is open to both full-time and part-time opportunities.
Who is Hilti?
We develop, manufacture and distribute state-of-the-art products, technologies, software and services to the construction industry. We can look back on 75 years of corporate experience and our ground-breaking products and exceptional service are known around the world. Hilti stands for innovation, quality and direct customer service. With more than 29,000 employees in more than 120 countries, we offer you an impressive environment in which you can prove yourself, grow and shape your own career.
What does the role involve?
This is no ordinary engineering support role; we don't believe in a hard sell because our strong core values allow us to focus purely on building long-term sustainable relationships with our customers. We partner with our customers to understand their business needs and how our products can add value. This is why we stand out as the market leader.
• As a TEC engineer you’ll be working with our customers, sales teams, contractors and designers to drive the sales of specific products. This involves educating key influencers on construction projects about the proper use, advantages and value of Hilti products, with a view to securing their specification in the designs. You’ll then communicate these product specifications from design teams to the sales team - assigning account managers for conversion into sales.
• Acting as a first level support to our account managers and customer facing team(s) to offer support with technical sales enquiries
• You will be part of our technical advisory service through Hilti’s dynamic Technical Excellence Centre platform. You will build long term relationships with specifiers to influence and gain knowledge of specifications on projects and build Hilti solutions into specifications and standards drawings.
What do we offer?
Our culture of motivation is what makes for a unique work environment. The atmosphere is the result of personal achievement, teamwork and support. We promote and demand, are daring and trusting. Show us your personality. We offer you many opportunities to get to know our company: Would you like to work abroad or interstate? Are you interested in a cross-divisional function within the company or do you prefer a specialist or management function? With us you are guaranteed to find an exciting position that meets your personal goals.
We also offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package with includes 5 weeks annual leave. This is your chance to work with the best.
Why should you apply?
We don't expect you to be a construction expert...but you will be once you've graduated from our award-winning training course. For this reason, we invite candidates from all industries to join our globally recognised team and begin a career where your development is always our number one priority! All we need from you is a great attitude and a customer centric approach to everything you do.
What you need is:
- A minumum Bachelor degree in Engineering, preferably structural or civil
- An active approach to solving problems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm to learn and drive to succeed
- Full and unrestricted working rights in Australia
“I don’t have a sales background and, when I went to my careers fair, most companies only wanted to speak to you if you had the right experience. Hilti were completely open-minded. They were more interested in me than in which degree I was doing.”